High Fever And Severe Cough Gone In 5 Days
Author: Patricea C.
Word Count: 483
Questions Received: 1
Testimonial ID: 9642-OR
Warning: Not all essential oil brands are the same quality. If you expect to achieve results similar to those described in this testimonial, then ensure that the oil you are using is made from pesticide-free plants grown in optimal conditions. Also, the brand should be a 100% pure, high-quality essential oil that does not contain any synthetic additives. Do your own research or ask trusted friends to find a brand that is reputable.
Since using Young Living essential oils starting in March 2013, my kids have come down with the occasional fever that never went past 38 degrees celsius, and they would recover within two days.
However, my 6-year-old son recently came down with a fever that fluctuated between 37.5 to 40.5 degrees celsius, coupled with a severe cough. It was a virus that he got from school, as other kids in the age range of 4 to 6 years old had the same symptoms.
I wasn't worried, as I trusted my oils. But this bout was difficult, as he refused to ingest the oils even when offered with honey or juice, and I was tired from not sleeping well.
For the first three days, this is what I did:
1. Layer 1 drop each of Thieves and Peppermint on the soles of his feet every 15 minutes. Sometimes I would add Purification before using Peppermint, if I felt it was needed.
2. Layer 1 drop each of Lavender and Peppermint along his spine every 15 minutes. If I had had the Raindrop Technique oils, I would have used them instead.
3. Sponge wipe every 10 minutes using room temperature water. I used a normal-sized bowl of water with 1 drop each of Lavender and Peppermint.
4. If I felt it was needed, I would apply 1 drop of Peppermint on his stomach.
5. Layer 1 drop each of RC, Dorado Azul, Idaho Blue Spruce, and Breathe Again Roll-On on his chest every 30 minutes.
6. Diffuse oils continuously. I rotated Lavender to create a calming environment and Thieves for antiviral effects, with Peppermint for 30 minutes every 4 hours for his cough.
7. In the evening I used 1 drop of Peace & Calming on the soles of his feet to help with sleep.
His temperature came down to 37 to 37.5 degrees celsius on the fourth morning. I continued the above regimen, with the exception of steps 2, 3, and 4. That night for his cough I only used RC and Frankincense driven in with Peppermint.
On myself, because I was tired, I used Valor (for strength and balance), Abundance (just because I love its fragrance), Peppermint (for energy), Thieves (so I don't fall sick), and Believe (to give me confidence that the oils will do their work and that my son will recover). I also drank more water with Lemon oil added to it.
On the fifth day his fever broke, and he was back to his usual chirpy self. His cough had also improved tremendously, only materializing a couple of times in the night. I would use Breathe Again Roll-On whenever it would happen. It would be another week before the coughing would totally stop.
I later learned that other kids in his school took 10 to 14 days to recover from the fever and cough. I have no doubt that the oils helped my son's body to regain balance in a much faster time.
Additional keyword(s) assigned by the editor: coughs, febrile, feverish.
You can use the link below to ask the author a question. Once you register for your own free membership, the other options will become available.
Tell Your Friends
Take advantage of social media to introduce people to high-quality essential oils. They will not need to login to read any testimonial that you share. If they register for our free membership, then they will be able to conduct their own keyword searches. What an easy way to help others!