Various Causes Of Migraine Headaches Resolved
Author: Shelly G.
Word Count: 424
Questions Received: 2
Testimonial ID: 8901-OR
Warning: Not all essential oil brands are the same quality. If you expect to achieve results similar to those described in this testimonial, then ensure that the oil you are using is made from pesticide-free plants grown in optimal conditions. Also, the brand should be a 100% pure, high-quality essential oil that does not contain any synthetic additives. Do your own research or ask trusted friends to find a brand that is reputable.
I have suffered from migraines for almost 30 years and have always taken Imitrex. However, I have started to notice the onset of migraines is very closely linked with the weather, specifically atmospheric pressure and change in seasons. I don't really get allergies like normal people. I start to get a sinus drip and a funny taste in my mouth. My blood vessels start to constrict, and at the same time the sinus drip down the back of my head and neck cause constriction. My muscles tense, and it feels as though the blood flow is being cut off. My mom jokes that I can predict the weather because 90% of these times the atmospheric pressure was rising or dropping rapidly with a storm coming in.
Then the feeling that the migraine is coming begins. I've tried so many different combinations of essential oils. They seemed like they might work, but then I would end up with another Imitrex pill. Applying RC or Peppermint to my sinuses might clear up the sinus, but the drip would get worse. And then the pain on the right side or left side would elevate, and migraine would be winning.
So here's what I discovered:
1) Aroma Siez near and/or on my neck muscles along the side of my neck and under my ear/jaw really helped to relax them.
2) Placing a drop of Basil on my sinuses near my nose would help quickly.
3) The first thing you do is put a drop of Lavender under your tongue. it tastes terrible, but it REALLY works. It stops the sinus drip (along with the Basil). Note that one drop of Lavender under your tongue stops allergic sneezing and watery eyes from allergies immediately!
4) I also use PanAway on my jaw for TMJ pain that causes the migraines, and it works sometimes better than the Aroma Siez.
5) The most important key is DiGize. I've often heard that migraines are caused by poor digestion, etc. And sometimes we eat the wrong things to trigger migraines. Taking a capsule filled with 3-4 drops (I usually also put in 2 drops of a V-6 or oil) daily along with the oils I mentioned above has kept my migraines away.
I was taking 1-2 Imitrex every day for 14 days due to the weather seasonal change taking place where I live high up in Colorado. In the last week I've been able to stop the migraines from developing.
Additional keyword(s) assigned by the editor: runny, stuffy.
You can use the link below to ask the author a question. Once you register for your own free membership, the other options will become available.
Tell Your Friends
Take advantage of social media to introduce people to high-quality essential oils. They will not need to login to read any testimonial that you share. If they register for our free membership, then they will be able to conduct their own keyword searches. What an easy way to help others!