My New Workout Companion Is Peppermint Water
Author: Brandon M.
Word Count: 347
Questions Received: 0
Testimonial ID: 8493-OR
Warning: Not all essential oil brands are the same quality. If you expect to achieve results similar to those described in this testimonial, then ensure that the oil you are using is made from pesticide-free plants grown in optimal conditions. Also, the brand should be a 100% pure, high-quality essential oil that does not contain any synthetic additives. Do your own research or ask trusted friends to find a brand that is reputable.
Just to give you an idea about me. I weigh 255ish pounds and am about 6'3". I do not last very long during cardio workouts. I am consistently last in all of the cardio-centric workouts in CrossFit. My wife begged me to go running with her and I refused to make any commitments because I hated running so much. For the last two days of working out at CrossFit Texas, this is what I did:
1. Several large glasses of 1-2 drops of Peppermint essential oil in the bottom of a glass
2. Slowly pour the water in the glass to help mix the oil into the water (it will still tend to float at the top because it's oil)
3. Drink 3-4 of the glasses throughout the day
4. Prepare one for the workout (and drink some just before and during if you're close to the glass)
This is what I found during the workout:
1. It felt like I was sweating the menthol from the Peppermint oil, which really cooled me off!
2. I did not run out of air (become short of breath) during the workout. My muscles were the limiting factor on how hard I could work out, but even then, the ample oxygen seemed to make them recover a lot faster!
3. As alluded to in number 2, my recovery was a whole lot faster! About 10 seconds after the workout (when we usually make sweat angels because we're so tired), I was up and doing handstand push-ups and pull-ups.
4. I went home and ran 1.25 miles with my wife
5. During the last leg of the run, we sprinted back to the house
6. Within a few seconds of reaching the house, I was good to go again
I was the one who requested to go running with her after the workout! The combination of the menthol and the apparent oxygenation of the blood does wonders for me--especially living in Texas!
I wanted to post what I did specifically. You may not need to drink near as much of it to notice the benefits.
Additional keyword(s) assigned by the editor: sports, exercise, dehydrated, runner, thirsty.
You can use the link below to ask the author a question. Once you register for your own free membership, the other options will become available.
- Ask the author a question
- Conduct keyword searches
- Save as a favorite
- Tell a friend
- Print a testimonial handout
Tell Your Friends
Take advantage of social media to introduce people to high-quality essential oils. They will not need to login to read any testimonial that you share. If they register for our free membership, then they will be able to conduct their own keyword searches. What an easy way to help others!