Hurricane Irene: Goodbye Mold & Mildew
Author: Naurene A.
Skill: Reiki Practitioner
Word Count: 331
Questions Received: 0
Testimonial ID: 6264-OR
Warning: Not all essential oil brands are the same quality. If you expect to achieve results similar to those described in this testimonial, then ensure that the oil you are using is made from pesticide-free plants grown in optimal conditions. Also, the brand should be a 100% pure, high-quality essential oil that does not contain any synthetic additives. Do your own research or ask trusted friends to find a brand that is reputable.
Hurricane Irene struck Saturday August 27, 2011. Some tree took out our phone line. And another one took out our electric and the sump pump is no good without electric. Result: Flooded basement and a total loss for everything in it.
Once electric was restored, we managed to get most of the water out, but we required professional help to empty the basement.
Once they got the wet carpets and boxes and everything else out, the shop vac was able to finish up the removal of the remaining water. But oh, what an aroma and what an opportunity for mold and mildew to set in! But I conquered the smell and the potential for mold and mildew with Young Living Thieves.
(1) First I used my Thieves spray throughout the house to get a fresh, clean scent. (This worked wonders when there was skunk scent from the yard that crept into the house a few weekes earlier.)
(2) Next step....diffuser.....I wish I had had a few more but even the one diffuser - which I placed as close to the center of the basement as possible - started to refresh the air.
(3) But then the big job.. ...mopping up the floor...I couldn't do this all in one chuck of time, but I got my Quickie Jumbo Floor Mop - with the big rectangular head and a big rectangular storage bin as my bucket. Poured in the Thieves household cleaner and added some water and started mopping....OMG.....a fresh clean smell! And the assurance that I was cleaning anything that might turn into mold. (I can't use bleach - gives me headaches and I don't trust any products that make me ill. Thank God for Thieves.)
(4) Final step.....I put some Thieves Oils - neat (undiluted) - on some cotton balls and stuck them in my household air vents - just to have that fresh scent throughout the house.
Good Night Irene!
Additional keyword(s) assigned by the editor: diffuser.
You can use the link below to ask the author a question. Once you register for your own free membership, the other options will become available.
- Ask the author a question
- Conduct keyword searches
- Save as a favorite
- Tell a friend
- Print a testimonial handout
Tell Your Friends
Take advantage of social media to introduce people to high-quality essential oils. They will not need to login to read any testimonial that you share. If they register for our free membership, then they will be able to conduct their own keyword searches. What an easy way to help others!