Taking Essential Oils Along On Vacation
Author: Katie M.
Word Count: 480
Questions Received: 0
Testimonial ID: 2122-OR
Warning: Not all essential oil brands are the same quality. If you expect to achieve results similar to those described in this testimonial, then ensure that the oil you are using is made from pesticide-free plants grown in optimal conditions. Also, the brand should be a 100% pure, high-quality essential oil that does not contain any synthetic additives. Do your own research or ask trusted friends to find a brand that is reputable.
After reading many of the accounts in this forum, I decided to take all the oils I owned with me along with our family on vacation. I am still very new to the oils, but because of thyroid health issues, I am trying to support my health and that of my family with natural means first. It requires deliberately teaching myself a new way instead of resorting to the "knee-jerk reaction" of heading for chemically-based products. What surprised me most was how often these oils helped our family, many times when we had no other recourse available.
1. Baby boy fell backwards from picnic table bench onto concrete and of course, began screaming in pain. We immediately ran and applied Lavender Oil. We noticed neither tenderness nor any bruising afterward.
2. Though we remembered our Travel Berkey Lite, we forgot our filled water bottles and thermos at home. I had to buy new containers and distilled water. Concerned about the quality of the water, I added Peppermint or Thieves to my water. Two of our children later got sick on the trip, which I attribute to the distilled water. I didn't get sick at all. My husband, who used Peppermint oil in his water, only became mildly sick. My only complaint is the surprise and dismay at seeing that the Peppermint and/or Thieves had the power to eat through the Lexan plastic of our Eddie Bauer water bottles!
3. I mentioned the kids got sick. We had a lot of puke, and the baby had fever. Peppermint came to the rescue to help alleviate much of their suffering. We were, at the time, in very rural Nauvoo Illinois, on a Sunday, with NO hospital or familiar doctor anywhere nearby.
4. We had cuts, scrapes, slivers, all helped by Lavender oil. It got to where we didn't go anywhere at all without carrying Lavender and Peppermint on our person, because one time we forgot it back at the room! Oh no!
5. We used Thieves in the dishwater to help disinfect the stainless steel dishes we brought along (instead of using paper or plastic).
6. For the first time in a very long time, I did not need a vacation to get over my vacation (road trip from Michigan to Arkansas), and this is WITH hypothyroidism. I chalk it up to the support I received from Endoflex, Peace & Calming, Forgiveness, Valor and Joy. I was happier, my family was happier. My irritability (common to sufferers of thyroid imbalance) was especially helped by the daily use of Endoflex (see www.stopthethyroidmadness.com) and the daily intake of natural iodine (see seaweed articles on www.ryandrum.com and/or the iodine book at www.drbrownstein.com). I think I'm going to stay on this "Essential Oil Vacation" every day!
You can use the link below to ask the author a question. Once you register for your own free membership, the other options will become available.
Tell Your Friends
Take advantage of social media to introduce people to high-quality essential oils. They will not need to login to read any testimonial that you share. If they register for our free membership, then they will be able to conduct their own keyword searches. What an easy way to help others!