Success With Post Bone Surgery Pain And Bleeding
Author: Don Eagleston
Skill: Raindrop Technique
Location: MO, United States
Word Length: 738
Questions received: 0
Keywords: surgeon, bleed, bones
The following highlights show how Young Living's essential oils were used during my mother's recent surgery to remove a plate and six screws from her left distal femur. She is currently 87 years old.
1. Before leaving home at approximately 5:30 AM on 9/6/12, Mama was given a "0" capsule filled with helichrysum and another "0" capsule filled with cistus to assist with bruising and hemorrhaging and just enough water to swallow the caps. The post operative procedure note from the surgeon shows blood loss as minimum. When the leg was un-wrapped on 9/12/12, no sign of bruising was present. We experienced the same results in December 2011 when the screws and plate were inserted to repair the leg fracture, with no bruising and post operative notes stated less than 1 ml of blood loss. Yes, the capsules of helichrysum and cistus were given to Mama prior to the December procedure too.
2. Arrived at the hospital orthopedic center as outpatient status 7:00 AM and was back home by 6:00 PM on 9/6/12.
3. She was not put under and clearly remembers conversing with the surgeon during the procedure. Surgical pain was controlled via spinal tap and upper left leg nerve block. Versed and morphine were not administered during the surgical pain procedure to assist with the goal of preserving cognitive ability after surgery.
4. The goal was to not administer any prescription pain meds after surgery. The surgeon was aware of this goal and actually wrote "may continue home meds" on the post operative instructions.
5. A pain mixture was prepared the day before surgery and placed into "0" capsules (since mama only weighs 94 pounds). The first capsule was given to her before the transportation vehicle left the hospital area. Capsules were given about every 2-3 hours to assist with pain management as the spinal tap and nerve block began to wear off during the late evening hours. The most intensive pain period was the first night until about 3:30 AM on 9/7/12 resulting in capsules being administered every 15-30 minutes for short periods.
6. Day-time pain formula used was: 10 drops vetiver, 10 drops valerian, 5 drops helichrysum, 5 drops clove, 5 drops peppermint, mixed in the order listed.
7. Night-time pain formula was 20 drops valerian, 10 drops helichrysum, 3 drops clove, 3 drops peppermint, mixed in the order listed.
8. One person commented the day after surgery, "If I had not witnessed her going into surgery yesterday, I would not believe she just had surgery."
9. Now mama only requires 3-4 capsules during the day for pain management and everyone that visits comments on the brightness of her eyes and how she is able to engage in conversations so soon after surgery.
10. Appetite remained strong the entire time.
11. All the bodily fluid elimination systems have functioned normal the entire time. In other words, no constipation!
12. All the credit goes to God for answering our prayers and to the quality of Young Living's essential oils so they may be safely taken internally.
As a cautionary note to anyone utilizing essential oils for their personal health issues, they should be very selective with the source of those oils. Dr. Karen Becker with Healthy Pets interviewed Dr. Melissa Shelton, DVM who is a pioneer in utilizing therapeutic grade essential oils with livestock and pets. The following is an excerpt from Dr. Becker's interview with Dr. Shelton:
"I next asked Melissa if she has advice for people interested in getting started very safely using essential oils with pets. Dr. Shelton's opinion is that first and foremost, the quality of the essential oils must be very good. She has evaluated the oils from about two dozen different companies. There are some good small companies that provide what she calls medical-grade oils (because she uses them for medicinal purposes). But she has found that just because a company has some very good quality oils doesn't mean all their oils are of the best quality. It's important to be very cautious when it comes to the quality of essential oils. Dr. Shelton has a brand she uses made by a company that consistently researches products for medical-grade quality. Their oils are tested multiple times in independent labs."
This discipline for quality is why Young Living essential oils were chosen to treat my Mother.
You can use the link below to ask the author a question. Once you register for your own free membership, the other listed features will be available.
- Ask Don a question
- View other testimonials by Don Eagleston
- Save as a favorite
- Tell a friend
- Print a testimonial handout
Tell Your Friends
Click one of the social networking icons below to get the word out to your friends. They will not need to register to read this testimonial. If they end up registering for our free membership, they will be able to conduct their own keyword searches. This provides a perfect teaching and learning opportunity using the power of social networking.
Testimonials about essential oils are an effective way to learn and share. With this kind of knowledge, we can each take control of our own health. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and techniques mentioned here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. However, when you give the body what it needs then the body can heal itself as God intended it to. Please use extra caution when using the oils on animals, as some of them are very sensitive.