Tea With Essential Oils Can Be Very Healing
Author: Marika D.
Word Count: 288
Questions Received: Not available for contact
Testimonial ID: 7813-OR
Warning: Not all essential oil brands are the same quality. If you expect to achieve results similar to those described in this testimonial, then ensure that the oil you are using is made from pesticide-free plants grown in optimal conditions. Also, the brand should be a 100% pure, high-quality essential oil that does not contain any synthetic additives. Do your own research or ask trusted friends to find a brand that is reputable.
I love good tasting food and drink and rarely have time for in-depth food preparation. That includes brewing tea, which when done with bulk herbs, has some prep and cleanup time involved. In the meantime, what's a tea lover to do?
My solution to this little dilemma is to drink super simple essential oil teas. Here's the recipe:
1. Sprinkle a pinch (definitely less than 1/8 teaspoon) of high quality, unrefined salt on the bottom of a pint mason jar.
2. Add one to three drops of a food grade essential oil. My favorites include Basil, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, and Spearmint essential oils. For safety and quality control reasons, I use only Young Living Essential Oils for making my tea.
3. The salt provides your body with minerals and electrolytes, and salt mixed with essential oil will disperse the essential oil more thoroughly in the water. If you want, shake the jar a little to mix the salt and oil.
4. Add very warm water to the salt and essential oil in the mason jar. The water should not be hot enough to be steaming. If the water isn't super hot, then it won't "flash off," or evaporate, the more volatile components of the essential oil.
5. There's another reason not to boil the water. According to raw food expert David Wolfe, boiled water causes an immune response called leukocytosis in our bodies, which is a significant stressor. Water that has been warmed, but not boiled, on the other hand, doesn't have this effect.
6. I drink the "tea" right from the mason jar.
According to some doctors, essential oils taken internally strengthen immunity, digestion, and blood circulation, detoxify the liver and nervous system, and speed healing and growth of various body tissues.
Additional keyword(s) assigned by the editor: detoxification, drinks, detox, recipes, beverage, beverages, therapeutic grade.
Once you register for your own free membership the following features will be available.
- Ask the author a question
- Conduct keyword searches
- Save as a favorite
- Tell a friend
- Print a testimonial handout
Tell Your Friends
Take advantage of social media to introduce people to high-quality essential oils. They will not need to login to read any testimonial that you share. If they register for our free membership, then they will be able to conduct their own keyword searches. What an easy way to help others!