Utterly Comprehensive Regimen For Fibromyalgia
Author: Tiffany R.
Skill: Massage Therapist
Word Count: 1,492
Questions Received: 24
Testimonial ID: 660-OR
Scientific Studies: 17
Warning: Not all essential oil brands are the same quality. If you expect to achieve results similar to those described in this testimonial, then ensure that the oil you are using is made from pesticide-free plants grown in optimal conditions. Also, the brand should be a 100% pure, high-quality essential oil that does not contain any synthetic additives. Do your own research or ask trusted friends to find a brand that is reputable.
My upline asked me to type up how I became free from the discomfort of fibromyalgia. The reason I know I still have it is because, if I overdo anything on the list below, I begin to get the "electrical feeling" running through my spine again. I would like to begin saying that I believe fibromyalgia is a spiritual as well as a physical pain. Therefore, my testimony includes healing both the spirit and body.
EVERYONE I have talked to who also has fibromyalgia has also experienced some form of abuse. I sometimes wonder if fibromyalgia is a subconscious way of asking to be seen and cared for. Often those who have been abused just want to be noticed, loved, and respected for who they are and not for what someone else wants them to be. They usually deal with "takers" instead of "givers". Fibromyalgia can be a way of finally being on the receiving end. It can be. Or it can leave you all alone still craving love and respect.
Okay, I don't know where to start. I didn't purposely set out to work on my fibromyalgia. It was just a wonderful side effect from using therapeutic-grade essential oil products. I have several other wonderful side effects from areas that I do work on. I don't know how many months I was actually free of discomfort because it happened over about a five-month period. It was at this same time in my life that I let anger go and replaced it with forgiveness. How many of us carry around any negative emotion and literally keep our shoulders raised with tension?
I do believe that five things did happen in order for this to happen for me. I don't remember overlapping any of these because it happened over two years ago. I don't really remember their order, but they are as follows:
1. I had just become a distributor and began taking Super Cal nightly. I know calcium is a muscle relaxant and a sleep inducer, so I took and still take 3 capsules a night. Calcium also nourishes the nerves. Super Cal contains the essential oil of Marjoram, which supports the muscles and nerves.
2. Shortly after I joined the company in March 2001, I received with my order a training tape where Dr. Lawrence described the benefits he has seen with MSM benefiting pain, and he talked about it being an ingredient in Sulfurzyme. It helps equalize the pressure inside the cells and supports liver function. I bought a bottle and finished it in one month. I didn't notice any less pain while taking it, although I feel that depositing it into my body helped my cells to receive oils and nutrition. I also felt more flexibility. It was expensive, so I didn't continue it because I wanted to experience other products made by the company. (A side effect is that my natural brown hair was pushing out grey hair. I wasn't pulling out strands of hair anymore after I showered or while brushing my hair. Here it is two and a half years later, and I have a full head of luxurious hair as a result of using Lavender shampoo which contains MSM. I wish I could afford the Sulfurzyme to keep the greys away.)
3. After receiving some terrible family news in April, I needed to let go of some anger. I had heard Dr. Phil McGraw (the other man in my life) speak of forgiveness as a gift you give yourself. It doesn't mean that you're saying that what the other person did is okay. It means that you aren't going to carry around that weight anymore. He had also said that even though the other person may not be currently abusing you anymore, you are abusing yourself by picking up where they left off. You continue the messages they started. I needed to give up the anger I was holding onto so I could deal with the current situation with my family. I didn't have anywhere else on my body in which I could hold anymore anger. So I let the anger and emotional pain go. The old messages kept trying to replay in my mind like a tape recorder, but I would catch myself, and replace them with loving messages. It took a while (maybe a couple of months) of repeating new messages, but now it is so easy to recognize the negative and replace it with the positive. I was able to get the weight of burden off that I was carrying on my shoulders and back.
4. I won $100 gift certificate at an area meeting for bringing 5 (really 4) people to it. I used it to buy the Raindrop Technique. It was enough for about five people, and my husband performed it on me. Boy, if any of you have never done this before, it is heaven on earth. This helped to remove the viruses I was harboring along the spine, which caused discomfort between the vertebrae, by pushing them out of place. I still didn't realize the effects of this until I quit drinking Dr. Pepper.
5. In July I finally decided to give up what I knew was bad for me. I knew my Dr. Pepper was hard on my back, liver, and hypoglycemia. I knew I was overweight because of it. I didn't want to go to the diet drinks because they would cause more problems so I just quit ALL sodas. It literally took three months for me to feel the benefit of this. It took three months to feel energy come back. I quit eating chocolate everyday (refined snacks and caffeinated drinks can cause inflammation and pain) and lost 10 pounds. I only indulge in sweets once a week now. Drinking water directly from the spring in Hot Springs was my only beverage left. It still has intact the calcium, magnesium, potassium, boron, zinc, and phosphorus that water processing strips out.
So, bottom line, I built up my calcium and magnesium storage and lowered my intake on foods that robbed my body of uptaking calcium and magnesium. Then my liver was less taxed because I let go of the anger I stored in it, and I let go of the sugars that slowed it down. I no longer have chronic fatigue syndrome which is associated with fibromyalgia. In hindsight I think, "Yeah, my fatigue is chronic because I chronically keep taxing the liver." I did this to me! Dr. Phil says, "You don't handle emotional problems with money or food. You handle them with emotions." I catch myself languaging, "Am I helping or hurting myself?" I don't eat to numb my emotions anymore. I language positively and with an affirmation that I am smart, talented, and beautiful just because I exist. God created me, and that's it. I don't have to jump through anyone's hoops to make them like me, and I'm sure not going to take anyone's crap. I quit waiting on others to take care of me, and I began loving myself. So my healing was related to self-discipline, forgiveness, Super Cal, Sulfurzyme, and Raindrop Technique.
I use essential oils EVERY DAY. Healing Oils of the Bible, by Dr. David Stewart, pages 28-29, says some essential oils are made up of:
"Phenylpropanoids which are antiseptic and cleanse receptor sites.
Sesquiterpenes which are oxygenating, mood elevating, and deprogram miswritten codes in the DNA. Monoterpenes are hostile to microbes and reprogram cells with correct information. Phenols cleanse cellular receptor sites and promote hormonal balance and healthy bodily function. Thus, the oils of the Bible serve us on all levels: Spiritual, Emotional, Mental and Physical."
That's why I use essential oils everyday. My fibromyalgia has been erased and reprogrammed with its original correct information. I love my health. I love playing with my babies. I don't want to live a life from bed ever again. I am me again!
By the way, here's part of what the second-edition Essential Oil Desk Reference says about fibromyalgia. "Fibromyalgia is an autoimmune disorder of soft tissues. Symptoms include general body pain, in some parts worse than others, usually brought on by short periods of exercise. The pain is ubiquitous and continuous. It interrupts sleep patterns so that the fourth stage of sleep is never attained, and thus the body cannot rejuvenate and heal.
Fibromyalgia is an acid condition in which the liver is toxic. Fibromyalgia may be linked to a deficiency of minerals and trace minerals, including organic sulfur, which naturally occurs in MSM..."
Additional keyword(s) assigned by the editor: painful, pain.
|Supporting Scientific Studies|
|1.||"The present study indicated that lavender aromatherapy as a potential therapeutic modality could alleviate premenstrual emotional symptoms, which, at least in part, is attributable to the improvement of parasympathetic nervous system activity. This study further implies that HRV could evaluate the efficacy of aromatherapy using various fragrances to relieve premenstrual symptoms, and ultimately, support the mind and body health of women."||Link|
|2.||"Beta-Caryophyllene [component of cannabis, clove, copaiba], a CB2 [cannabinoid] receptor agonist produces multiple behavioral changes relevant to anxiety and depression in mice.... these preclinical results suggest that CB2 receptors may provide alternative therapeutic targets for the treatment of anxiety and depression. The possibility that BCP may ameliorate the symptoms of these mood disorders offers exciting prospects for future studies."||Link|
|3.||"Lavender essential oil has been used as an anxiolytic [anxiety] drug, a mood stabilizer, a sedative, spasmolytic [muscle spasms], antihypertensive [high blood pressure], antimicrobial, analgesic [pain] agent as well as a wound healing accelerator.... The present study suggests that inhalation of lavender essential oil may be an effective and safe treatment modality in acute management of migraine headaches."||Link|
|4.||"Most studies, as well as clinically applied experience, have indicated that various essential oils, such as lavender, lemon and bergamot can help to relieve stress, anxiety, depression and other mood disorders. Most notably, inhalation of essential oils can communicate signals to the olfactory system and stimulate the brain to exert neurotransmitters (e.g. serotonin and dopamine), thereby further regulating mood."||Link|
|5.||"A number of essential oils are currently in use as aromatherapy agents to relieve anxiety, stress, and depression. Popular anxiolytic oils include lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), rose (Rosa damascena), orange (Citrus sinensis), bergamot (Citrus aurantium), lemon (Citrus limon), sandalwood (Santalum album), clary sage (Salvia sclarea), Roman chamomile (Anthemis nobilis), and rose-scented geranium (Pelargonium spp.)."||Link|
|6.||"After inhalation of clary sage oil, cortisol levels were significantly decreased.... Thyroid stimulating hormone was also reduced.... Clary sage oil has antidepressant-like effect...."||Link|
|7.||"Z. officinale [ginger] has been used to control diabetes and dyslipidemia [high cholesterol].... The marked rise in body weights, glucose, insulin, total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, free fatty acids and phospholipids in serum of the rats that followed 6 weeks of high-fat diet treatment were significantly reduced by Z. officinale treatment.... The present results provide scientific evidence to substantiate the traditional use of Z. officinale in preventing metabolic disorders."||Link|
|8.||"Myrtle oil (MO) exerts hypoglycemic as well as mild hypotriglyceridemic activity in diabetic animals. The reduction in blood glucose level may be due to the reversible inhibition of alpha-glucosidases present in the brush-border of the small intestinal mucosa, higher rate of glycolysis as envisaged by the higher activity of glucokinase, as one of the key enzymes of glycolysis, and enhanced rate of glycogenesis as evidenced by the higher amount of liver glycogen present after MO administration."||Link|
|9.||"D-limonene is a major constituent in citrus essential oil.... Recently, d-limonene has been reported to alleviate fatty liver induced by a high-fat diet. Our data suggest that the intake of d-limonene may benefit patients with dyslipidemia and hyperglycemia and is a potential dietary supplement for preventing and ameliorating metabolic disorders."||Link|
|10.||"Cinnamaldehyde [in cinnamon] has antihyperglycemic and antihyperlipidemic [cholesterol-lowering] actions in db/db mice and could be useful in the treatment of type-2 diabetes."||Link|
|11.||"These results suggest that the volatile oil of ginger influences both cell-mediated immune response and nonspecific proliferation of T lymphocyte, and may exert beneficial effects in a number of clinical conditions, such as chronic inflammation and autoimmune diseases."||Link|
|12.||"Pycnogenol [French maritime pine bark extract] could be useful for second-line therapy to reduce the inflammatory feature of SLE [systemic lupus erythematosus]."||Link|
|13.||"Anti-inflammatory, spasmolytic [muscle spasms], antimicrobial, antioxidant, carminative [flatulence] and immunomodulatory properties of caraway suggest that it might exert beneficial effects on inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).... CHE and CEO [caraway essential oil] at all doses tested were effective in reducing colon tissue lesions and colitis indices and the efficacy was nearly the same when different doses of plant fractions were administered p.o. or i.p..... These data suggest that caraway fractions are both effective and possess anti-colitic activity irrespective of the dose and route of administration."||Link|
|14.||Immunomodulatory activity of frankincense oil: "Biologically, the oil exhibited a strong immunostimulant activity (90% lymphocyte transformation) when assessed by a lymphocyte proliferation assay."||Link|
|15.||"DHEA [a component of PD 80/20], an androstene hormone [precursor to estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, cortisone, and other hormones], has been shown to possess a wide range of beneficial biological effects mainly attributed to immune system modulation.... thus leading to beneficial effects in diverse human diseases including resistance to infection, neuroprotection, wound healing, diabetes, hepatic injury, cardiovascular disease, and cancer."||Link|
|16.||"[P]re-clinical and clinical research available today demonstrat[es] the power, safety, and effectiveness of natural compounds [particularly aromatherapy] for relieving stress and anxiety.... [S]imple inhalation of patchouli and rose oil reduced sympathetic nervous activity by 40%, with rose oil reducing adrenaline concentrations by 30%.... Lavender oil... has also been studied for the ability to reduce stress, anxiety, aggression,and cortisol levels, among two dozen other potential therapeutic properties."||Link|
|17.||"Lavender, mint [peppermint], orange, rose, chamomile, rosemary, and sage were used.... Depression levels in the touch-music-aroma therapy group... showed a larger decrease than in the... control groups [that did not include aromatherapy].... [FMS] symptoms such as restless sleep, headache, morning fatigue, exhaustion, feeling like crying, and bowel complaints were also significantly reduced."||Link|
You can use the link below to ask the author a question. Once you register for your own free membership, the other options will become available.
Tell Your Friends
Take advantage of social media to introduce people to high-quality essential oils. They will not need to login to read any testimonial that you share. If they register for our free membership, then they will be able to conduct their own keyword searches. What an easy way to help others!